Sketches and directions from Mavi Veloso
Create a group performance study:
General intention, bring performative practices as well as voice exercises to build a performative ambience together.
Blind folded participants to challenge perception, try in the dark, use microphones, catwalk, body display, manipulate voice exercises... etc
The group will create a performance act to explore and expand senses and sights, close eyes create a move, a march, an attack.
- collective warm up and stretch and massage, in circle hold hands, arms, use balance and the other's body
- move in space choosing a secret partner to be in relation with
- move in space choosing two secret partners and be in the middle of them without letting them know
- queimada, exercise where we run and throw and object in the other (this is practice taught as a game for kids, i find it cruel, mean, it's a strange reflection on limits and ethics)
- exercise voice, in circle make a ping pong of sound, make a sound and throw to someone who will receive , copy the sound a create another to throw someone else.
- in semi circle a maestro point the person in random order who will give a word and together the group tries to make phrases
- exercise of unison, in couples one person speaks , the other tries to talk at same time
- tableau vivant
- copiar o futuro
- make up therapy
- collective massage
- bateção de salto, beat heels catwalk
Separate Bodies One Dance, by Marloes de Vries
In one exercise all our separate bodies made one dance flow, our movement is mimicked in this gif.